23 November 2010

Austin!

We stopped by Hill Country Weavers on South Congress. I was on a quest for some shimmery yarn. There were so many choices, that I panicked and just got some non shimmery merino wool. I took this picture as I left, so I would remember to pick this up when I come back to Austin.
 avocado "sushi" 
 Nantucket bay scallops with chanterelles, carrot butter, and Thai basil
grilled beef tongue sushi (Hank ate this one)
 the shag-a deep fried salmon roll with I don't remember what (super good)
grilled pork belly with carrot butter and pecan soil


We celebrated Hank's birthday at Uchiko with CJ, Mark, Cayce, and Stephen. It was some of the best food I have ever eaten. We also hit up the East Austin Studio Tour, Torchy's Tacos, the tennis courts, Madame Mam's, Target, The Knitting Nest (not a fan), and of course, Jo's coffee. 

No comments: