29 June 2011

Peach Pancakes



I made peach pancakes this weekend! I found the recipe in Better Homes & Garden but modified it a bit to make it easier. I highly recommend these! I didn't need syrup with the diced peaches on top, but with no peaches I would use powdered sugar or syrup. I made a whole batch (serves 6) and froze the rest. They did quite well in the toaster a few days later. Here's the recipe:


Instead of whipping cream, I used half n half. Instead of the wheat flour, flour, and baking soda, I just just an equal amount of Pioneer pancake mix. 



Start to Finish: 30 minutes
Ingredients
2 15-oz. cans peach slices (juice pack)
1/2 cup whipping cream 
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1-1/2 cups oat flour or whole wheat flour 
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1-1/4 tsp. ground ginger
1-1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
Fresh or frozen peaches, chopped (optional)
Directions
1. Drain peaches; reserve several peaches to serve on top. In blender process peaches until smooth. Transfer to bowl; stir in cream and eggs; set aside. 
2. In large bowl combine flours, brown sugar, baking powder, spices, and 1 teaspoon salt. Add peach mixture. Stir just until moistened. Pour 1/4 cup batter onto hot, lightly greased griddle; spread to 4-inch circle. Cook over medium heat 1 to 2 minutes per side. Serve with chopped peaches. Makes 6 servings. 

1 comment:

Trina M Curran said...

Those look so good. I might try that this weekend. I love your new blog look. :)