19 April 2011

summer dresses turned skirts





I had this grand idea to take part of a romper pattern, and switch the shorts out for a skirt. I have made several of these rompers with success. For some reason when I added the skirt, the proportion of the top became way off. I tucked and pinned it to where it looked presentable. But in order to fix it, I had to rip every seam I had sewn. Like every single one. In order to not ruin my day of sewing, I decided that since I was already deconstructing it, I might as well make it a skirt and have some success. I added the pockets from the romper pattern and threw in some vintage lace. I like it! I liked it so much I made a second one. No dress, but that's okay. I'll keep working at it. 

1 comment:

Tina said...

These are so fun...I am a beginner sewer and have scanned your blog and am very inspired.

I just became your newest follower; if you have time I would love it if you would do the same for me.

I will be back to see the new things you have planned.

xo
a new fan
tina
embellishments by tina