10 October 2011

Baby Bedding





I made some baby bedding for an expecting friend. I ordered the Amy Butler fabric this summer, and added a Joel Dewberry print from City Craft. I have never made a crib bumper before until now. I kind of used a pattern. I used the pattern pieces, but did not follow the vague one sentence directions. The pillows were easy and fun. The quilt ended up being my favorite part. I knew I wanted it to be toddler sized, so I just started cutting 20 x 20 squares and laying them on the floor. Then I started cutting and rearranging them until I got this random pattern. I'm really happy with the way it turned out. Though my picture makes it look all wrinkly, it really isn't in person. I backed it with some green polka dot from Joann. I used the quilt as you go method, and I will definitely do it again. The top came together so fast. Once I finish hand quilting my current quilt in progress, I'll be making another one of this style! Thanks Mandy for trusting me with your baby bedding!

No comments: